Bookings for the Yackandandah Public Hall and Courthouse should be made using the public hall calendar or the courthouse calendar on this site. This is our preferred system. (Note the time format uses a colon. eg 7:30 pm or 19:30). However, they can be also made directly through the Booking Secretary, Ali Pockley, by phoning 0448 803 411. Ali can be also contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
All hirers must provide evidence of current public liability insurance of an amount no less than TEN MILLION DOLLARS ($10,000,000) and must produce evidence of such insurance. Casual hirer’s are able to obtain cover through the Indigo Shire by completing a JLT Casual Hirers Public Liability Insurance application form at the Shire Office. (In Nov 2013 this cost $32.25 per day).
Keys for the Hall and Courthouse are kept at the Indigo Shire Office adjacent to the Hall and can be collected during normal office hours. They should be returned by Noon of the next working day. Outside normal hours they can be returned using the Library book returns flap to the left of the Shire Offices front door. The Booking Secretary may by prior arrangement leave a key in the locked container to the right of the hall entrance. A combination number is required to access this key.
Sections of the Hall:
The hall can be booked by one party and the gallery by another providing that they will not interrupt each other and both parties are in agreement.
Notes on Hire Fees
A Community Organisation will usually be, but not necessarily, an incorporated not for profit group: e.g. sporting clubs, arts groups, YCEN courses, clubs and societies. Click here for hire fees.
- There is no charge for public meetings held by, for example, the Indigo Shire Council or CFA .
- Regular users or someone wanting to hire the Hall or Courthouse for an extended period may be able to negotiate a reduced rate. Anyone wanting to discuss variations to the published rates should contact the Booking Secretary or write to: Yackandandah Public Hall Committee, PO Box 13, Yackandandah, 3749.
- Any registered charities who wish to use the hall for fundraising will pay 50% of the community rate.
- All payments should include an Invoice Number and the booking name so they can be clearly identified. Payments are to be made out to the “Yackandandah Public Hall”.
The preferred method of payment is by Direct Transfer to:
Account Name: Yackandandah Public Hall
BSB No. 640 000
Account No. 111114085 (Hume Account Holders use: 380682S10)
- Cash and cheques can be deposited in the above account at any branch of the Hume Building Society.
- Cheques can be posted to Yackandandah Public Hall, PO Box 13, Yackandandah, 3749
- Cash and cheques can be paid directly to the booking secretary
- Private Hirers of the Hall and Courthouse are required to lodge a $200 bond in the above account and should provide their account details to the booking secretary so it can be returned by direct transfer. This will be done after the venue is checked by the cleaner.
Any hirer supplying or selling liquor needs to obtain a liquor license from: www.justice.vic.gov.au
Hall Main Auditorium
§ Comfortably seats 300.
§ Seating available
o 67 blue theatre style seats
o 240 blue padded seats
§ 28 white trestle tables
§ 12m wide by 5m deep elevated stage
§ Projection screen is available at back of the stage
§ Sound and theatre lighting facilities by special arrangement – contact Chris Lello 02 6027 1348
§ Grand piano by special arrangement – contact Dan Carberry 02 6027 1647
§ Large two door refrigerator
§ Electric stove and oven
§ Commercial dishwasher
§ Electric Urn
§ 50 matching cups and 50 more cups of various types
§ Mixed crockery with approximately 50 settings of bowls, small plates, large plates
§ Cutlery 25 sets of knife, forks and spoons , a few teaspoons
Hall Gallery (7 m x 6m)
§ Suitable for use as a meeting space and for smaller functions, drink sales etc.
§ Can comfortably seat 32 for presentations, meeting table can seat 8 comfortably
Courthouse (10 m x 6m)
The Courthouse will comfortably seat 80 people (5 rows of 12 and 2 rows of 10 at the back with a centre aisle). It has a 3m wide by 2m deep elevated stage. The wall behind the stage is suitable as a screen for a data projector. There is a basic kitchen with a refrigerator and two small rooms with the venue.
Toilets Male, female and disabled toilet facilities at both venues